Friday, May 18, 2012

#5 Wedding Bells

I love shooting video, it is exciting and invigorating and just plain fun.  But there is one thing I hate to shoot, that is weddings.  So often things move at their own pace, and unless there is great communication beforehand so many things go by without being captured.  Like most of the events of the wedding day you can’t just stop and say hey the lighting was bad or you know I can get a better angle let’s run the ceremony one more time, it just doesn’t happen.  Luckily this is not one of those events.



I met this bride through work while I was shooting a video for her group and she asked what it would take to do a small video of her wedding.  I scooped up a friend of mine who was starting a small production company and we were up to the task.  I don’t think I want to make this my new carrier choice, doing weddings, but this was an enjoyably time and they were happy with the results.  I learned the importance of clear communication so that everyone knows where and when each activity takes place and communicating with a partner to ensure that everything gets covered.   Now there are some bad shots and lighting is not always great and there is some missing moments, but the one thing I love about weddings is when the bride and groom watch and relive these memories they are so happy that the small mistakes just get glossed over.

No comments:

Post a Comment